Cuisine: South Indian
Course: Breakfast, Main Course
Cuisine: South Indian
Prep Time: 7 min
Cooking Time: 3 min
Soaking time: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours 10 minutes
½ cup cooked Iluppaipoo samba Rice
1 cup water
¼ cup homemade curd
¾ tsp salt as required
A few fresh coriander leaves chopped
½ tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp mustard seeds
¼ tspjeera Seeds
½ tspurad dal
1 tsp curry leaves finely chopped
½ tsp green chilies chopped
4 tbsp onion finely chopped
1 tsp ginger grated
½ tsp Asafoetida
- Soak ½ cup of cooked Iluppaipoo samba rice in ½ cup of water in a pot for 10-12 hours in a row.
- Transfer brewed rice to a mixer the next day and meld it to a fine paste.
- Pour the infused rice into a bowl and mix.
- Whisk ¼ cup of freshly made curds and add to rice pulp and mix well. Add slightly bitter curds to improve the taste.
- Mix in the salt to taste.
- Heat coconut oil in a flavouring skillet pan, then add mustard seeds, jeera seeds, urad dal, sliced curry leaves, and chopped fresh chillies, and saute well.
- Fry the onions till they are light brown.
- Turn the heat down.
- Now mix in the finely chopped ginger and hing.
- Drizzle the prepared rice kanji over the heat treatment.
- Serve topped with cilantro.
- Silt pots are used for yeast because, as per scientific knowledge, they offer micro-oxygenation, and also enzyme reactions produce distinct flavours. If you don’t have a pot, you can try substituting a steel vessel, but a clay pot is recommended.
- Brewed rice must be extensively mashed; either wiggle with clean hands, use a fork, or meld in a mixture.
- Utilise slightly bitter curds to enhance the taste of the rice kanji.
- Charring with coconut oil brings a layer of taste and aroma and is delectable.
- You can use any form of boiled rice, but leftover food performs better.
Iluppai Poo Samba rice Benefits:
Porridge / Grain Gruel made with Iluppai Poo Samba rice is advantageous to paralyzed people, beneficial in combating joint problems and inflammation, and lessens phlegm in kids. It is recognized to be an innate immunity booster and aids in the treatment of acute and chronic problems.
Make absolutely sure to include this porridge in your way of eating at least once per week. You don’t need anything else for a side dish for kanji if you have already added mango and chopped onion bits into the porridge. You can also end up serving it with any nutritious Thogayal.